Shaw and Partners
Shaw and Partners Complaints
FD Legal are currently investigating claims on behalf of current and former clients of Shaw and Partners in respect of investments recommended by Shaw and Partner representatives including:
• Steppes Alternatives PLC, Steppes Private Equity Partners
• Trinus Impact Capital Limited
• Golden Globe Resources
• Greentech Minerals
The claims involve recommendations to purchase investments without providing adequate disclosure of risks or disclosure of commissions. The claims seek to recover compensation from Shaw and Partners for the advice provided by Shaw and Partner representatives.
FD Legal has previously reported on an ASIC banning order against former Shaw and Partner representative Kristofer Ridgway and a number of AFCA determinations againstShaw and Partner’s concerning:
• Shaw andPartners’ being required to compensate a client $162,139.35 for failing to close all option positions as instructed by the client: AFCA Case number:758807
• Shaw andPartners’ being required to compensate a client $11,035.43 for recommending a strategy involving derivatives trading which involved excessive risk: AFCA Case number: 662795
• Shaw and Partners’ being required to compensate a client $5,000 for recommending shares which did not meet the client’s investment criteria: AFCA Case number: 664616
• Shaw and Partners’ being required to compensate a client $10,262.78 for misleading advice provided that a managed fund was low risk when in fact it was a high risk strategy.
We are encouraging clients of Shaw and Partners who are concerned with the advice they have received to contact FD Legal to discuss your options to seek redress.
Not sure if you have a claim?
Financial dispute claims can be complex and often leave you wondering whether you have a claim or not.
Book an obligation free call to tell us about your story so we can provide you with the best advice on your next steps.
Enquiry about this case
For certain Financial Advice Dispute cases we provide no-win-no-fee. You will be advised after your initial consultation and assessment if this applies to you.
Where possible, our team will provide you with a fixed fee amount for each stage of your claim. This fee is billable regardless of the outcome of your case.
If your claim requires a hourly fee structure, we will advise you of cost estimations at every step of your claim to ensure you have control over costs at all times.
Our lawyers will prompt you to gather all the preliminary information we require in order to advise whether you may have a claim, this can be as quick as a 15 minute call.
If we identify the opportunity for a claim in our initial call we will then proceed with a comprehensive assessment into your case, including gathering witness statements, identifying and locating key documentary evidence, and consulting with experts.
Based on our findings we will offer recommendations on the appropriate legal action to pursue your claim, and clearly explain your next steps.
At this point of engaging us, we will advise you on the fee structure involved in your claim so you are aware of costs involved before proceeding.